Thursday, March 25, 2010

XXOO

Cryptic - yes, but you'll get it soon enough...

When I was pregnant, I read heaps.  I read about how my baby was growing, what to expect, how to give birth - naturally... (HA HA HA), and how to breast feed.  To tell you the truth, I was REALLY nervous about it.  I thought for sure I was going to ick out and want to quit within 6 months.  The thought of it, sorta grossed me out -- especially the thought of having to "do it" in front of people.  I was concerned about blankets falling off my shoulder and being bared to all around me... EEEK!!  Fact is, I'd seen it happen, and I'd seen how uncomfortable the women struggling with the coverage were, and I didn't want that to be me.

Luckily, at the Baby Expo in 2008, I discovered the very thing that was going to solve ALL my problems!

>>ENTER "KISS KISS HUG HUG" BREAST FEEDING COVERS<<
(see, I told you you'd get it....)



This little $45 investment has freed me.  I was able to go to the shops, with my newborn - feeding every 2-3 hours - and spend a good half of the day wandering around, stopping at the closest coffee shop to give my son a quick feed.  No one saw anything, and because the breast feeding cover has a loop that hooks over your head and around your neck, I didn't have to struggle with keeping fabric over my nakedness.  I had 2 free hands, and with the boning in the fabric, it sits out from your chest a little bit, so that you can see what you're doing.  DON'T underestimate the importance of seeing... it's not so much about the eye contact with bub, it's more about locating the food source and connecting it to the baby inlet (ie: nipple to mouth).

I think every new mum should have one, and as far as that's concerned - what a great gift right?

The other bonuses, not including the discretion factor, are:

* Baby doesn't get as distracted (because, let's face it, at some point they do wake up from their newborn slumber and realise they haven't seen any of this cool stuff outside the womb before...)
* You don't have to be nervous about disapproving stares - this will happen, don't kid yourself.
* It can double as a cover to help you rock baby to sleep when you're out - makes it darker, warmer, and easier for bub.
* Triples as a pram cover - hook it over the top and it will keep the sun out! Yay!

If I haven't convinced you, you won't be convinced - so I have nothing else to say to you.... :oP

There are heaps of lovely colours and patterns to choose from, including single and double sided, and the soft silky strap is really really comfy.  The only things I can think of that aren't the best is that it's probably slightly narrow in size - I didn't find it dreadful, just thought it would be even better if it had been slightly wider, and also, in summer, the double sided one is quite hot.  They are made of cotton, so they are breathable, but I did find that regardless of that, they are still a little too warm on those really warm days if you're not in aircon.

And that's it!

Go buy one for yourself, or for a friend, and discreetly feed your bub wherever you want! Yay!

A. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment