Wednesday, March 17, 2010

To Isoki, or not to Isoki, that is the question.



Ok.  So this is not a new product for me - in fact, a friend of mine purchased it for me over a year ago before I had my son.  The Isoki Nappy Bag collection, of which I have the original "Reversible Baby Bag", is fantastic for it's dual functionality - ie. both mum and dad will feel comfortable dragging it around, as they are all reversible.  Back when I got mine, they didn't even make the other types: the Hobo, the 3-in-1 Slouch, the Saddle Tote or the Multi Messenger.  I'm glad they didn't, to be truthful, cos it would have made my choice that much harder.  (Harder than figuring out which pattern I wanted...)

To check out the website, click HERE.

Now, the pros of this bag are the same as it's cons - it's huge!  The amount of times I was the recipient of some humourous remark about the size of the bag or the contents being everything my son owned, was a little off-putting.  HOWEVER... if you are one of those mama's who wants to be prepped for everything - this is your bag!!  You can literally fit clothing, nappies, toys, blankets, bottles, change mat and your own personal belongings into this bag.  It's fabulous for that.  The downside of course to dragging all of that around is the sheer weight of it.  It is very heavy.  I found comfort though, in the fact that I could hang it on the handle of my pram and when I did go shopping for the day, my purchases got stuffed in there too.  So, it worked for me only because I didn't have to carry it far.  Often, I would put my whole handbag into it and zip it up.  I figured that if anyone wanted to make off with my valuables, they'd run out of steam pretty quick cos they'd have to take the whole nappy bag!  he he he :o)

There are some groovy extras that come with the bags too - a bottle bag - which is lined to keep them cool/warm, a plastic covered matching change mat, and a handy double sided storage satchel for those quick dashes to the shops.  I actually found the components got more of a workout in a general sense than the bag itself - except for the insulated bottle bag... I've never used bottles at all.  I guess it will come in handy for a little lunch pack or something later on, when he's doing solo play dates or being babysat.


If you're an Aussie, you'll be looking at $189.95 for the reversible baby bag.  The quality of the fabric is exceptional, and they even have a zip off hard base (good for hiding things in!) which will protect your bag's bottom from wet stuff.  I've really enjoyed this bag, and as for the size of it, it's come in really handy for me, especially when one of my mummy friends forgot something.  Chances are, it's in my bag.

Happy shopping!!

A. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment